as of March 2, 2012
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Firesteel™ website and all content and services available on or through the Firesteel website (the “Website”). The Website is owned and operated by YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish (“YWCA SKS”). YWCA SKS values the privacy of all who visit and use the Website (individually, “User” and collectively, “Users”) and makes it a priority to protect personally identifiable information that it obtains from its Users.
The Information YWCA SKS Collects:
- User-provided Information: When you use the Website or any part thereof, you may provide to YWCA SKS what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, password, gender, email address, postal mailing address, and home/mobile telephone number). You will also be able to add a picture of yourself. If you decide to register or log in through or otherwise grant access to a third party social networking or authentication service that we may, now or in the future, make available (“Linked Account”), such as Facebook, Twitter or Google, YWCA SKS may also collect such “personally identifiable” information from the Linked Account that you have configured to be made available to third parties in this manner. You may revoke YWCA SKS’s access to information from the Linked Account at any time by updating the appropriate settings in the account preferences of the respective Linked Account. From time to time, YWCA SKS may also ask you optionally to provide other information. If you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving YWCA SKS the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy.
- “Automatically Collected” Information: When you use the Website, we may automatically record certain information from your browser by using different types of technology, including standard log files, “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring or exit pages, click stream data, operating system and the dates and times that you visit the Website. Additionally, we may record certain information regarding your use of features YWCA SKS may make available on or through the Website, such as the bills you have endorsed, the blogs and/or bills that you have liked or commented on, the events you have attended, and the like.
The Way YWCA SKS Uses Information:
- YWCA SKS uses the information that you provide or that it collects in order to establish and enhance our relationship with you. YWCA SKS generally uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on or through the Website. If you have given your consent, YWCA SKS may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information about YWCA SKS’s features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. YWCA SKS may also share your personally identifiable information with certain other websites that the Website links to (and that you click upon) in order to enhance your experience in connection with the Website.
- YWCA SKS uses the information that you provide or that it collects in order to provide you with features, services and information that are more relevant to you. For example, YWCA SKS may use your demographic information to match you with your congressional district and representative, and provide you with more information relevant to bills, events and/or blogs that may be of particular interest to you. YWCA SKS may also send information or news alerts to groups of Users on behalf of its affiliates or other organizations. However, it will notify you of these possibilities when collecting personally identifiable information or it will obtain your consent.
- YWCA SKS uses all of the information that you provide or that it collects from Users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Website works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- YWCA SKS may use “cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; and (b) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed, demographic information of users interested in a bill, event or blog, etc.
- If you have registered for an account for the Website and given your consent, YWCA SKS may share your personally identifiable information with its affiliates, and other entities that are not affiliated with YWCA SKS who would like to send you information about their programs or services that may be of interest to you. YWCA SKS does not share personally identifiable information with third-party organizations without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
- YWCA SKS’s employees, agents and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to the personally identifiable information you may provide or that YWCA SKS collects. YWCA SKS may share your personally identifiable information with companies that provide services to it, including outside contractors or agents who help manage its information activities, but they may only use your personally identifiable information to provide YWCA SKS with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
When YWCA SKS Discloses Information:
- YWCA SKS may disclose automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information to its affiliates or third parties in order to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, features, and/or functionality available on or through the Website.
- YWCA SKS enables you to share your User Submissions with other Users. YWCA SKS may also permit you to share your User Submissions publicly on the Website. If your User Submissions are shared with other Users, any personally identifiable information that you choose to include in, or that is associated with, such User Submissions will be accessible by such other Users. Once you make your personally identifiable information available to others in any of these ways, it may be collected and used by the recipients without restriction. Therefore, YWCA SKS strongly recommends that you think carefully about what you post to or through the Website.
- YWCA SKS may make certain automatically collected information about your interactions and activities on the Website, such as the bills you have endorsed, the blogs and/or bills that you have liked or commented on, or the events you have attended, publicly available on the Website or on or through various social networking services. Any such publicly available information will be accessible by other Users and/or the users of such social networking services.
- YWCA SKS may also disclose your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, YWCA SKS may make such disclosures without first providing notice to you.
- YWCA SKS also reserves the right to disclose User information that it believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect YWCA SKS from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Website; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of YWCA SKS, our Users, or others.
- In the event that YWCA SKS is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, it reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that it has collected from its Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally identifiable information with YWCA SKS, in which case YWCA SKS will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on or through the Website. If you have registered for an account with the Website, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by going to your account settings page. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, YWCA SKS may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics. Please note that YWCA SKS will not use or transfer your personally identifiable information in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
Links to Other Sites:
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, YWCA SKS does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the Website from persons under 13 years-of-age. Any person who provides his or her personal information to us through the Website represents that he or she is older than 12 years of age.
If YWCA SKS learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected through the Website, then YWCA SKS will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has a registered account with the Website, then you may alert YWCA SKS at firstname.lastname@example.org and request that YWCA SKS delete that child’s personal information from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
YWCA SKS uses certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. YWCA SKS cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to YWCA SKS, and you do so at your own risk. Once YWCA SKS receives your transmission of information, it makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of its systems. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If YWCA SKS learns of a security systems breach, then it may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. YWCA SKS may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
The Website is intended solely for Users located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the Website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on or through the Website you consent to that transfer.